at the cinema i saw
The Fault In Our Stars
A great book-to-film adaptation, however since I didn't really like the book in the first place it didn't really do much for me. I still teared up in the very end though, okay? Okay.
How To Train Your Dragon 2
You guys know I loved this. My full review is here.
Edge of Tomorrow
I really enjoyed this movie. A lot of fun, heaps of action, heaps of Emily Blunt power. I really felt like they didn't need the kiss at the end though, but what can you do.
Grace of Monaco
You can put Nicole Kidman in Monaco, but you can't take the Nicole Kidman out of the Nicole Kidman. There were a bunch of really weird shots and it was awkward. Very disappointed in this film, can they stop slaughtering real life princesses with crap biopics yet?
Sunshine on Leith
Again, LOVED this. So much fun, so much music, so much Scotland!
22 Jump Street
A great sequel, it was just making fun of itself the whole time, and I love how they use romantic relationship clichés as running gags to express the relationship between Schmidt and Jenko. Laughed the whole way through. Stick around for the credits!
i watched
Reign Late to the party with this one but I caught up on all the episodes in a few days. The show (loosely) follows the story of Mary Queen Of Scots and her life at French Court. Despite its glaring historical inaccuracies, it's a bit of fun and I actually really care about all the characters, even if they are wearing outfits completely incongruous with their time period. Also, my ship is canon, which is super exciting (even though I know historically it didn't last), and there's pretty men and powerful ladies everywhere you look. Plus, they've already killed the love triangle and it's only the first season.
Penny Dreadful This is a horror series that includes all your favourite Gothic characters teaming up against evil. Eva Green is fantastic as Vanessa Ives and the rest of the gang (Dorian Grey, Victor Frankenstein and newcomer Ethan Chandler) are all really attractive and dark and twisted and hurting. You never know what's coming next on this show, and I can't wait for next season.
Orange is the New Black Again, super late to the party, but it's a great show to marathon. Set in a women's prison, the first season follows new inmate Piper Chapman as she learns about life in Litchfield, and the second season ventures off more into the storylines of the other girls. The best parts of this show are all the women and the comedy, the worst parts are the bits about life outside the prison. NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU, LARRY!
i listened to
Broods I saw Broods live as a support act for Ellie Goulding, and I immediately went home and downloaded all their music. It's often haunting but lovely at the same time.
5 Seconds of Summer #FINALLYA5SOSALBUM and it's so worth the wait. The album is full of catchy choruses and pop punk jams and lyrics that are real, relatable, and also make you think about a 17 year old boy in a way that you probably shouldn't.
i read
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin was basically just like Twilight until about 3/4 of the way through, when it really started to come into its own. It's about a girl who has the power to kill people just by thinking about their death, and she meets a boy who can tell when someone is in trouble. Or something. I'm a bit confused. I can't find the next one at my bookshop, so I'm waiting with baited breath to find out what happens next.
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell was supposed to be the "new John Green" but you know, I didn't really like it. It was just your average kids in love story, except Eleanor, the main character, had a tough home life which complicated everything. I feel like it was just so basic...maybe I should start to move away from the YA section of Dymocks.
i was inspired by
ViviannaDoesMakeup is my new favourite beauty Youtuber. I've been watching her for a while but this month she really struck me as someone who's relatable. Apart from her eyes, she has similar colouring to me so I really believe in all her recommendations, and she regularly uses drugstore products which helps me out a lot. I just love watching her videos and she's inspired me to improve my makeup skills and widen my collection this month.



No comments:
Post a Comment